Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Down Undah

February 16, 2013

He bent down to meet her, and she knew  she was home.  "The Judas Strain" by James Rollins ♦♦♦♦◊


Basket block My friend Helen's mom has moved in with Helen and her family in Tasmania while they build a home on their property for her. I think that the older we get, the harder it is to embrace change, whether we want the change or not.

A group of us from The Quilter's Last Resort forum have come together to make basket blocks for a housewarming quilt. One of our group has volunteered to put the top together and another has volunteered to machine quilt it. I would imagine someone signed up to do the binding, too, but you know that definitely wasn't me!

Anyhoo, this is the block I sent to be added to the quilt. Of course I couldn't just use a pattern that already existed. I had to draft my own. There's batik fabric in there. And plain ol' quilting fabric. The background is the back side of a print. The basket is made from a specialty print.


Basket Detail

Here's a close-up of the fabric in the basket.


And because I'd never hear the end of it from Helen & Laura, here's a recent picture of Moonpie. It looks like she was earnestly asking me a question when I snapped the picture.

I wonder what it was?

Labels: ,

permalink 3 Comments:
At 2/16/2013 6:58 AM, Blogger Robin Babbled Back:  

caption for Moonpie's photo "Next time warn me so I can fix my hair." LOL

At 2/17/2013 9:39 AM, Blogger Lorna McMahon Babbled Back:  

Nice pinwheel basket block! Do you press your seams open on pinwheels? That was Moonpie's question.

At 2/17/2013 9:50 AM, Blogger Fiber Babble Babbled Back:  

LOL, Lorna! No, I don't press pinwheel seams open,I do that, uh, pinwheel seam thing. I do often press the seams open when I connect the different sections of a block. It's unusual to not have at least one open seam on a block I make.

Want to Post a Comment?

Home