Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Fiberly Challenged

February 03, 2012

Abandoned book "The Lincoln Lawyer" by Michael Connelly ♦◊◊◊◊


Okay, I'm still in the drive-by posting mode. I'm doing some fibery stuff, but I'm also working a lot. It's easy to tell myself that I'm 'recovering and recharging' - sounds so much better than 'being a lump in front of the computer or television'.

Last month's book for the
Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

was The Trouble With Spells (Of Witches and Warlocks, #1) by Lacey Weatherford. The book didn't hold my attention and I abandoned it at about the 60% mark. I wrote a review here. The short version of an already short review is that the book seemed a bit too young for me.

This month's (paperback) book is Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews. This is the fourth book in the Kate Daniels series (I've read the previous 3).

Just to fill out the rest of the story, I'm also reading The Soulkeepers by GP Ching (on my Kindle Fire) and The Rock Orchard by Paula Wahl (on CD).


In the pitiful fibery news, I got fired up about making some blocks for a sample at the shop. I brought the fabrics and patterns home, sat down to sew and found that one of the blocks' cutting instructions were painfully inaccurate (after, of course, I'd cut the fabrics) and the second, while the instructions were fine, I hadn't brought enough background fabric. Screech, erch, full stop.

Then I worked on my Bashful Butterflies Shawl. I've been doing a couple of rows at a time (there's lots of stitches on each row!). I got 4 rows from the end of the 3rd chart and found a dropped stitch. Over a column of left- and right-leaning decreases, so it wasn't just a matter of fixing it on the fly. I had to pull out 5 of those loooonnng rows to get to where I can salvage it.

So, yeah. First that was lack o'mojo, then a few errors. I keep plugging along, though. Someday I will have some show-and-tell!



Labels:

permalink 0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

Home