Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





More About Books

January 10, 2012

And put them in Eve Dallas' name.  "Strangers in Death" by J.D. Robb ♦♦♦♦◊


Somewhere in the past few weeks I discovered a couple of new blogs written by book lovers. These blogs contain reviews and descriptions of books that I might enjoy. I had no idea that the land of book bloggers would lead me to new challenges - literally. Much as knitters have knit alongs and quilters have Blocks of the Month, apparently there's a world of reading challenges out there that I'm just beginning to discover. This is just what I need, isn't it? Another thing to attempt to commit to...

But it's books! Reading! Things I like to do!

I wish I'd bookmarked more of the blogs I discovered while surfing around. One of the blogs that I did hold onto is Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf where, wouldn't you know it, there's a challenge going on!

Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf


Now, to many of you it's not much of a surprise that I would be interested in joining a reading challenge that has to do with witches and other things that go bump in the night.

witch books What was a surprise to me was this: when I looked at all of my bookshelves and stacks of books I pulled out all of these books that I could start on right away for the challenge. All of these books have witches as characters or witchcraft as part of the plot.

I looked at my iPod and saw that I had two books already loaded on it that would qualify for the challenge. Then I looked in my Kindle and found five books that would work for the challenge, too (let's not mention my non-resolution to read more paper books, OK?).

So, apparently I am going to read a few witchy books now. I have one started on my Kindle, and then this big ol' stack of "real" books. There are other challenges and many book lists that interest me, so I'll be investigating them, too.

Did anyone just see a white rabbit in a waistcoat run by?


No new news on the fabric or yarn front. I have great intentions, but don't seem to have any get-up-and-go. Someday…

Labels:

permalink 2 Comments:
At 1/11/2012 11:14 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

It seems I have several of those types of books too.....all of "witch" I have already read. Must have been good since I kept them :0)

Crispy

At 1/20/2012 10:59 AM, Blogger Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf Babbled Back:  

So glad that you are joining!! And I see two of the books that are on my shelf in your pile!!

♥Melissa

Want to Post a Comment?

Home