Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Catching Up, A Bit

December 17, 2011

Abandoned book "The Spellman Files" by Lisa Lutz ◊◊◊◊◊


Well, I posted around Thanksgiving time and then just left you hanging - did my pies turn out okay? (Yes) Did I forget to put the fruit salad on the table? (No)

Did the turkey turn out well this year? (Hell yes!)

But I do have a question for you all... do you tie the turkey's "ankles" together for its stay in the oven?

And another one: The wing tips are always just icky. Is it written anywhere that "Thou shalt not cut off the wingtips before baking" ?



MoonPie Apron



My new favorite apron does double duty as a toy for MoonPie...



Earwarmer ActionThe earwarmer pattern I tested for Becky, in action. I've actually worn it out in the real world and it's done its job marvelously. It hasn't stretched out much (yay and not so yay), so it's quite snug on my big ol' head.

I'm not sure why I haven't just sat down and whipped out another* - it's just an evening's worth of work and I could be more comfortable wearing one that fits better.


*Oh, yeah. That would require actually sitting down. And not falling asleep right away.


Longer HairFor the friends and family who bore The Drastic Haircut of 2010, my hair is finally growing out.

(The above-the-chin-length haircut was cute and easy to style, but it required too much maintenance. I function much better when I have the option of tieing my hair up in a pony tail when in a hurry.)


TopperAnd, a new mattress topper for the guest bed. Mom's been a trooper on the "firm" mattress in there, but after Thanksgiving she finally spoke up. We just put the (softer) topper on the existing mattress and boxspring. If she doesn't get a nosebleed up that high, maybe she'll feel like she's in The Princess and the Pea...




This year I made only one Christmas present. I carried it back and forth to the shop (the place I am during daylight hours!) to get a decent picture for you. Um. I didn't. Maybe I'll have to make another one for me - just so I can take a picture for you all, it's not like I want one for myself... :snerk:


And we shall not speak of the chicken.

Labels: , ,

permalink 1 Comments:
At 12/17/2011 2:56 PM, Blogger Barb Babbled Back:  

No tying for me.....

Want to Post a Comment?

Home