Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Insert Clever Title Here

November 21, 2011

Abandoned book "A Kiss of Shadows" by Laurell K Hamilton ♦◊◊◊◊


Hmmm. Well, I went to the doctor and we talked and she gave me a really-really-really low-dose anti-anxiety med. I started taking it right after the second concert this last weekend; I'm told it'll take a couple of weeks to 'kick in'.

Mr. W. & I used to (sorta) joke that if we went to the doctor with our arm cut off and we were waving around a bloody stump, the doctor would say, "Lose weight and stop smoking." It seemed to be the automatic response, no matter what the complaint. (For the record, we've both stopped smoking) Now I'm realizing that the words have changed, but the song is the same. For the past couple of years, when I go to the doctor for anything, the response has been some form of, "It's a symptom of [pre-]menopause."

:sigh:


I test-knit a pattern by missbecky, whom I "know" from Google+ (that's where I'm spending a lot of my online time).

The pattern is a cabled earwarmer, and except for a couple of suggestions that were purely cosmetic, I had no problems with the pattern. Becky has now posted/published the pattern for free on her website and on Ravelry.


I knit the test out of Premiere Yarns Serenity Chunky Weight on size 10 needles. It was just a bit snug on my head (but remember I have a larger and flatter than expected noggin), but the addition of one extra row before and after the cabling will fix that with no problem. The button is from my Great Grandmother's button jar.


I guess it would be a good thing to get an action shot, but I really stink at the whole bathroom-mirror-picture thing and Mr. W. is just not the right person to ask right now.


I'm sure you've surmised that I survived the first two of the bell concerts. I made new and interesting mistakes in both (as many bell players often do). I also missed my "groupie" at the retirement home. I'll need to call & find out if he was away or unwell that day.

The turkey is thawing slowly in the refrigerator, Mom's on her way (or will be soon) and I have a guest room to excavate. I'm going to try to keep the stuff that gets moved into the sewing closet out of the way of the sewing machine, in hopes of conquering that chicken.

Labels: ,

permalink 2 Comments:
At 11/21/2011 6:05 PM, Blogger quilton Babbled Back:  

My friend Tracy, anxiety is not a menopause condition. It is something that affects men and women at different stages in their lives. I have a message for your doctor but its unprintable.

At 11/22/2011 10:31 AM, Blogger Linda Babbled Back:  

Hey, Tracy, I hope you start to feel better soon.

I like what you knitted. I've been wanting to make one of these. I'll go check out the site and see if I can do it. I'm glad you used the button, it looks great.

I wish I could hear your concerts. I love to hear the bells...Relax and have fun.
Have some good family time with your Mom and yes, leave a trail to the sewing machine. Happy Thanksgiving.

Want to Post a Comment?

Home