Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Still No Chicken

October 04, 2011

It's not perfect, but it will be.  "Wicked Lovely" by Melissa Marr ♦♦♦♦◊


Soooo, there was a bell concert last week. I was a member of a quartet of ringers that chose to NOT take the summer off from bellringing. The concert was a great source of stress for me - I'd never rung in a quartet before, we weren't quite ready, I had a wardrobe issue.

The wardrobe issue was that we needed to wear a black shirt/top. I bought one (without trying it on) in a style I like. When I had it at home and tried it on, even I was a bit taken aback at how low the crossover in front was. And how, er, abundantly I filled it out. I had some serious doubts, but when I asked Mr. W. he said, "You worry too much. I like it." :snort: Uh, yeah. I imagine you do...

Enter my version of cleave-oflage. (Cleavage+camouflage, for those who don't have the Universal Tracy Translator)

Knit in an evening out of a mystery black acrylic worsted weight yarn dug out of my closet, this little triangle turned out to be just the thing.

The pattern is "Dandy Neckerchief" (ravelry link HERE) by Ariane Caron-Lacoste. I knit up through Chart 1 of the pattern the bound it off for the perfect size. (I've got the pattern in my queue to knit the whole thing eventually)


And seriously, that little lacy triangle really did its job well.

Safety pins kept the cleavoflage in place (ever so elegantly) during the set up, ringing and subsequent socializing with our bell groupies, with nary a wardrobe malfunction in sight.

If only the concert had gone off as well... It wasn't a complete disaster, but early on I realized that, as one of the 'talkers' between numbers, I needed to turn on my semi-comedy act to make sure the audience knew that we were in it for fun - and the mistakes were all part of that fun.

At least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.


And though I'm getting close, there's still no chicken.

Labels:

permalink 0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

Home