Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





A New Adventure

October 06, 2011

Abandoned book "Wedding Belles" by Haywood Smith ♦◊◊◊◊



Dear Old Iron,

I will miss your heft and long cord, and your dependability and silent companionship over the years has been greatly appreciated.

You've served me well for a long time and through the good times and through some difficult situations. Remember the marathons we had, pressing other peoples' quilt blocks into submission? Good times.

I understand that once you get to a certain age, you may - through no fault of your own - experience bouts of mild incontinence. You may also become a bit moody and occasionally steam and sputter when unprovoked.

It is time for me to allow you to retire, dear Iron. You will be sorely missed.




Dear New Iron,

It's difficult for me not to think of you as a whippersnapper. Sorry. You've got a tough act to follow.

But I promise to allow you to prove to me that I can't live without you (though you seem to be a bit of a lightweight and you might not know how to hold your cord up high quite yet). We have a few things to do together in the near future (Christmas is fewer than 3 months away!).

Let's bond.

Labels:

permalink 1 Comments:
At 10/12/2011 9:11 PM, Blogger golo8 Babbled Back:  

You are so funny... hope you like your new iron.... but I do understand giving up an old friend..

Want to Post a Comment?

Home