Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





WOW: Summer Toss

August 10, 2011

Abandoned book "Full of Grace" by Dorothea Benton Frank ♦◊◊◊◊


Okay, it's a little bit of cheating to call the Summer Toss quilt a Work In Progress. The top is actually finished (as of yesterday morning), which is a good thing, since I taught the class last night!

Summer Toss is the latest in my 'Toss' series of quilts done on the Accuquilt die cutter.



The border (and flower) fabric is 'Floralicious' by Michel D'Amore by Benartex. The quilt is about 33" square= (as usual!). The appliques were all cut on the Accuquilt Go! or Baby Go! machines.


OMG! The handle came off of my Baby Go! I attribute it 100% to the inferior (grey) mat that was originally provided with the machine. I had problems from Day One (the mat was too thick, in my opinion). I see that our distributor no longer has the offending mats and now only carry the white translucent ones.

But - OMG! The handle came off! I will definitely be contacting Accuquilt to get a replacement cutter!


Under the heading of I Must Have My Head Examined, I've agreed to host an international block swap. It's fused Christmas Tree blocks. Here are four of my trees, ready to cut out and fuse to the pieced backgrounds (which haven't been pieced yet).

The swap was the brainchild of my best friend in Tasmania, who ran it up the flagpole in our Quilter's Last Resort forum. Apparently I'm not the only one who needs some intervention - the swap was 'full' fewer than 24 hours after it was announced!




I actually have a bit more to show you, dear readers. I was amazed last night when writing in my book at all I'd done already this week!

Tomorrow night is our 'Hop To It' get-together at the shop. That's when people bring their machine & the blocks from Shop Hop (ANY year, ANY hop) and sit and sew together. It's so easy to collect all of these blocks and then just put them in a box or drawer or whatever. I've seen people wander in, red-faced and carrying complete sets from 5 years back! Since I don't 'hop', I'll take advantage of the time to work on something else. I don't know if it will be a shop sample or :gasp!: something of my own, but I will sew something!!

Labels:

permalink 3 Comments:
At 8/11/2011 7:38 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

Another great Toss quilt, love that striped fabric in the flowers. Wouldn't it be cheating to attend the "Hop To It" and work on something unrelated? Maybe you should help some of these poor gals get caught up ROFL.

Crispy

At 8/11/2011 5:43 PM, Blogger Esther Aliu Babbled Back:  

How cheerful, I love the look of this!

At 8/12/2011 9:49 AM, Blogger Linda Babbled Back:  

Cute quilt. Very simple and the little bugs/critters on top really make it pop!

Oh my, so sorry about your Go...I love mine and haven't had any trouble with it. The only trouble I've had is finding the time to work with it!

I love the idea about your Hop to it! Great idea. I have several friends that are working on Shop Hop quilts and this just gives me an excuse, uh, I mean idea to get together with them...thanks! Have a great weekend.

Want to Post a Comment?

Home