Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





WOW: A Departure

July 20, 2011

"You bet," I told her, "and who has the trophy coffee mug to prove it."  "Birds of Prey" by J.A. Jance ♦♦♦♦◊


So, first off, I actually have sewn something quilt-ish. But it's at the shop and I just keep forgetting to take a picture of it. Right now, though, I'm all about the yarn-y things and stitching for bookmarks.


hummer stitcheryHere's the latest bookmark stitchery I finished. It's for someone whose name starts with "L" (clever, eh?) and she likes hummingbirds. I even got a little bit fancy with my generic few skeins of embroidery floss and paired a blue with a green to get a little bit of interest there in the 8 or so stitches in the body.

I believe that I have 9 little stitcheries to make and I've done 4. Tomorrow starts an almost full week off work for me so I'll hopefully be able to finish the stitching and turn these into actual bookmarks before my next WIP on Wednesday post (and I'm having a birthday in there, too!).


cozy knittingOh, and here's the departure: With at most a couple of hours' work left to do on The Socks That Had Surgery, I decided to make a camera cozy. Because when I carry my camera in my purse my keys and cellphone jangle around it. And I don't remember if I ever had a 'real' camera case.

So it's cast on some stitches and knit a garter-stitch edging around a 'body' of moss stitch until it seems to be big enough to sew up into a pocket to put my camera in.



moss stitchI love the texture on this.

I'm also using this as an excuse to practice my Portuguese-style knitting (YouTube link), where the yarn is actually wrapped around the back of my neck while I'm working with it. This method takes a lot of strain off of my left hand, though I haven't taught myself to switch hands like I do when I knit 'regular' (a variation of Continental style, for those who can translate that) so I can give my right hand a rest, too.


That's about as exciting as it gets this week, I think. I have a couple of things that I really want to show and tell, just need to get my ducks in a row to get pictures and stuff.

Labels: ,

permalink 3 Comments:
At 7/20/2011 10:58 AM, Blogger Carol Sanin Babbled Back:  

Love,your stitching. I'm going in this website ASAP

At 7/20/2011 11:46 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

I am constantly impressed with your ability to come up with unique ways to personalize these swap items. Now you only have to make sure the right person gets it so they don't scratch their heads wondering what the heck the "L" stands for ROFL. I really do love the blue and green combo on the Hummingbird....makes it look jewel toned.

Off to check out the YouTube, you always come up with the best knitting sites :0)

Crispy

At 7/20/2011 10:04 PM, Blogger Esther Aliu Babbled Back:  

Lovely stitching and I do love the texture of your knitting. What knitting stitch is that? Portugese?

Want to Post a Comment?

Home