Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Sock Survivor

July 04, 2011

Abandoned book "The Sanctuary" by Raymond Khoury ♦♦◊◊◊



sock splitSoooooo, it was successful.

It wasn't fast by any means, but it was successful. I'm knitting to the toe on one of the socks now. I could have knit a longer tube & not have had to knit so much to get to the toe, but I must've had a good reason for what I did. Or I got bored.

The whole point of making a tube o'sock and then cutting & adding toes and heels later is so that I have the flexibility to add toes and heels when (and where) I want them. But I have to admit it would have been easier to do that snippy thing if I'd had lifelines where the needles needed to go. I'm not perfect (surprise!) at getting all the stitches in a row, especially since I had to navigate a cable or two along the way.

It worked out, of course, but I had to do some fiddling because I'd picked up most stitches from one row and a few from a neighboring row above or below.

split socksIt occurs to me as I write this that I need to be doing the same thing on sock #2 as I am on sock #1, so I should be working on them both at once.

Wow, I am just sharp as a marble, aren't I?


I guess I'll be getting sock #2 caught up before going farther on sock #1.

Bright side: I am learning SO much from this experiment!



Little SocksIn other news, I did finish two other pairs of socks this weekend.

I am swapping bookmarks with my peeps over at Quilter's Last Resort so these are going to get a ribbon or cord tied to them to help my friends mark their places and then they'll be sent off around the world. I was going to stop at 4 socks, but I think that everyone needs to have the same thing so no one feels left out (that's the parent in me speaking).

Details: Jo-Ann Sensations Bamboo and Ewe (I really like this stuff), size US #1 needles, Pattern is Sockology Bookmark I by Jackie Ghio.

BUT there's another bookmark that I want to try that is NOT yarn-y. Maybe I'll send everyone TWO bookmarks! Because I have all the spare time in the world!

Oh,and for the record? All of the pictures on this page are of socks made of the same yarn. According to my monitor, the top picture is closest to the actual color and brilliance.

Labels:

permalink 4 Comments:
At 7/04/2011 3:29 PM, Anonymous Gimpy Cat Babbled Back:  

I like your coral coloured socks, they are looking great and cable too, wow, fancy Diva socks! Your crafting prowess has me in awe.

Have you made Moonpie socks yet or kitty leg warmers for next winter? Blue of course, so she looks fabulous!

At 7/05/2011 5:52 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

In your previous post I thought you did have a life line in there so I went back to look....nope, it's just the cable. I really am going to have to try this :0)

You done good!!

Crispy

At 7/23/2011 1:19 PM, Blogger Carrie P. Babbled Back:  

Just catching up on all the babble. Those little socks are super tiny. Wow!
And Moon Pie's tail sure is fluffy. Such a pretty kitty. Maybe another for your birthday?
Love all those moon X stitch. Those will make cute bookmarks.
Good to see what you have been up too.

At 7/31/2011 8:52 PM, Blogger golo8 Babbled Back:  

Boy, am I glad I am in the bookmark swap.... smile smile smile..

Want to Post a Comment?

Home