Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Brief Bookmark Disquiet

July 22, 2011

Abandoned book "Lost City" by Clive Cussler ♦♦♦◊◊


It's late at night and I've just set aside my cross-stitching. I prefer to do this kind of thing early in the day (and not 'wee hours' early), but Mr. W. decided that he needed me to accompany him on a trip into town earlier today and then there was the obligatory nap and well, you know how it is, right?

So, I've just set the stitching aside. I'm in the midst of the sixth of nine bookmarks; so far everything's on one big piece of fabric (sorry, no pictures, it's late and it's dark).

And then I had a thought. A concern, if you will. I've spent hours on these little stitcheries and haven't actually put one together yet.

What if my math is wrong? What if this really clever idea of mine has some sort of unforeseen design flaw?

Well, crud. I think tomorrow I'll sacrifice a rectangle of Aida cloth to actually make a prototype. Flippin' brilliant, that's what I am.

stitching helpI had some help reading the pattern tonight.



stitching helpStinkin' adorable.


By the way, Mr. W. & I passed by a Humane Society event at the mall today. We looked through the window at the kittens. He insisted that we keep moving... and then said, "Oh, isn't that one gorgeous!". Then he said "We have to go. NOW."

Hmmm. Do you think MoonPie might get a playmate? My birthday's in a couple of days (have I mentioned that already? heh) - should I not shake the birthday present too vigorously?

Probably not. But there's a glimmer of - what? Hope? - possibility, at least, right?


And tangentially related: We were at the mall to go to our itty bitty Borders store. It was really sad; the liquidator was in there, talking about what to do tomorrow (later today, now). We're sad because that's our only non-recycled bookstore in the county and just sad at the demise of the chain. Yes, we bought some books and didn't wait to come back tomorrow/today to get them on sale.

Labels:

permalink 4 Comments:
At 7/22/2011 2:10 AM, Blogger Deb Babbled Back:  

FB it looks like Moonpie is a one cat home, you may want to think 2wice Moonpie owns you already...LOL
I have 3 kitties (not my choice) and just a warning there is more cat hair, more treasures in the box and both hands will be busy instead of one when trying to do a project.

At 7/22/2011 5:26 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

Recycled book stores are nice but there is nothing sweeter smelling then a NEW book book store. Obviously you weren't paying enough attention to Moon Pie and he had to take matters into his own hands...er paws LOL.

Crispy

At 7/23/2011 12:26 AM, Anonymous Gimpy Cat Babbled Back:  

Your bookmarks are going to be beautiful, especially with Moonpie help. Almost your birthday, do you think you will get another furry heart?

The bookstore in our town closed down late last year which made us sad and then the one down on the coast did too. I love looking in bookstores but here they are simply too expensive, a paperback novel averages $24 and reference books are astronomical. Its so much cheaper to buy online. Recently I wanted a book, it was available here for $24.99, I bought it online for $4.36 and there was free shipping. Even our book exchanges are charging $12 for a used paper back, sigh

Cant wait to see your bookmarks!

At 7/23/2011 4:15 AM, Blogger quilton Babbled Back:  

I hate seeing book stores close. Being able to read is so important for everything you do in life.
I don't know what I would do if our stores closed.
The bookmarks will turn out beautifully Fiber. Don't worry.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE OF THE BIG DAY

Want to Post a Comment?

Home