Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Another Cat Post

December 06, 2010

I loved my life.  "White Witch, Black Curse" by Kim Harrison ♦♦♦♦◊


Yammy Cat
This one is of the quilty variety... our shop is doing a monthly BOM of Helene Knott's Garden Patch Cats. You may recall that I shared one cat, Walla Walla Kitty, back when I was publicly comforting myself about my method of appliqué.

Here's the next (and probably the last) Garden Patch Cat block, Yammy Cat.

I certainly don't hate the blocks, and compared to my 'usual' projects they're pretty easy. But I don't plan to make a Garden Patch Cats quilt anytime soon (like, ever) and since BossLady has taken over the samples for the shop I'm probably done.

The blocks finish to about 18" (says she who can't be bothered to walk into the other room & measure). The two don't really "go" together, so I'll want to find something to put them into individually. Any suggestions?

Oh! What about this? What if I had a giveaway? Do you think anyone out there in blogland would be interested in taking these unfinished blocks off my hands?


And just because so many people have asked (not because I'm smitten or anything. Really.), here's a recent MoonPie pic. She's 5 months old now. Sometimes it seems like we can WATCH her grow. She no longer is a little starving kitten; she looks like a small (well-fed!) cat now. I keep threatening to weigh her, but haven't gotten around to it.

I'm afraid that if she grows into her feet and her nose, she's going to be a very large cat. Very large.

Labels:

permalink 5 Comments:
At 12/14/2010 12:47 PM, Blogger Barb Babbled Back:  

I love those blocks....and your cat has grown quite a bit since the first time you showed her...

At 12/14/2010 7:03 PM, Anonymous Gimpy Cat Babbled Back:  

Maybe you should use the blocks to make moonpie kitty quilts to sleep upon? They are cute blocks you put it together nicely but I know what its like to be working on something that doesnt zing you. Moonpie sure is growing she has lioness paws!

At 12/14/2010 9:46 PM, Blogger Linda Babbled Back:  

Your blocks are very cute and so is Moonpie...Hmm, maybe you can make little wallhangings out of the blocks or like you say, just have a giveaway. Or,you could frame them and keep them or give them to someone that likes kitties. Decisions, decisions...Merry Christmas!

At 12/15/2010 4:58 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

I'm with Gimpy Cat, make it into a quilt for Moonpie, who is adorable btw. She looks just like our last cat Trouble who was never any trouble at all.

Crispy

At 1/07/2011 7:15 PM, Anonymous Cheryl Ashmore Babbled Back:  

Cute cat! also very cute quilt block!! I have thought several times of purchasing everal of those blocks and making a wall hanging.....just never go aroung to it!

Want to Post a Comment?

Home