Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Be Still My Heart

May 03, 2010

The rest was just details.  "The Hollow" by Nora Roberts ♦♦♦◊◊


BSMH
(Click all pics to biggify)


Be Still My Heart, indeed! I've finally gotten this lovely all quilted and bound (I did the handwork all by myself!) and hung up at the shop. Of course, I forgot to take pictures before I hung it at the shop, so you'll have to pretend that the lighting's better.

BSMH MQ2My vision for quilting didn't change when it actually came time to do the work, except that the brilliant idea of quilting on poly instead of cotton/blend was snuffed even after going to town to buy some... I got the wrong size poly so it was Warm 'N White after all - no trips thru the washer for this baby!

BSMH MQ1


I used white rayon thread (the better to shimmer you with, my dear) on the top and white lingerie thread on the back.


I like this a LOT.

Labels:

permalink 10 Comments:
At 5/03/2010 12:28 PM, Blogger Betsy Babbled Back:  

you should like it, It is stunning!

At 5/03/2010 12:40 PM, Blogger Ann Champion Babbled Back:  

The finished quilt is spectacular! I LOVE the quilting! It really compliments the top so well. Absolutely stunning. :)

At 5/03/2010 4:52 PM, Blogger Barb Babbled Back:  

What an awesome job you did, I just love it!!

At 5/03/2010 6:26 PM, Anonymous Helen Babbled Back:  

Oh FB its beautiful, the quilting is magic, it enhances and accentuates it so beautifully. Oh you are right to like this one a LOT, its worth every moment you spent creating it - well done!!

At 5/04/2010 5:48 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

I like this one A LOT too!!! It's absolutely beautiful!!! I love how you used the elements in the applique in the quilting....well done my friend!!!

Crispy

At 5/05/2010 2:49 AM, Anonymous mom Babbled Back:  

(My understated comment) I like it too! You've really outdone yourself on this one. (It really does look so much better in person.)

mom

At 5/06/2010 6:37 AM, Blogger Darcie Babbled Back:  

In a word: Sublime! ;-)

At 5/06/2010 11:36 AM, Anonymous Bev Babbled Back:  

Fiber, it is beautiful. I love it. I love the thread, the quilting, the applique. Do you have my address? Here, let me give it to you.............

At 5/26/2010 9:38 AM, Blogger golo8 Babbled Back:  

love you quilt and quilting...

At 5/26/2010 9:38 AM, Blogger golo8 Babbled Back:  

Love you quilt and quilting...

Want to Post a Comment?

Home