Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Are You Sitting Down?

April 05, 2010

On its ground the Pagan Stone stood silent, waiting for their return. "Blood Brothers" by Nora Roberts ♦♦♦◊◊


I finished something!


Okay, I made a flimsie (an unquilted top), but hey - it's something AND I can show it to you!!

BSMH"Be Still My Heart", a 3-month BOM from Applewood Farm. The fabrics are all the same line, Rock Candy by Blank - a kinda mottled bunch with a shimmer that is reminiscent of Fairy Frost.

I used fusible applique´ (Heat N Bond Lite); the shapes will be stitched down during quilting.


As for quilting, the quilt told me how it wanted to be quilted before it was even finished. I plan to use poly batting instead of my usual Warm N Natural (or in this case, Warm N White) because I don't plan to wash this quilt. The Warm N Natural shrinks up a bit and makes a quilt all cozy-looking when washed; since I don't want this quilt to be cozy-looking I won't expend the $$.

Except that I actually had Warm N White at home and I had to go to town to purchase some poly batt. And while I was there I had to pick up a couple a few some a bunch of other things. But who's noticing?

Oh - back to the quilting. It might be a bit of a pain, but I think I'll be extending the flowers in the border up and around but with quilting instead of fabric. (The pain part is that I'm not yet seeing a continuous pattern - just individual motifs.) I'll be using white rayon thread.



But wait! There's MORE!

Swag!Carrie showed a bee-yoo-tiful quilt on her blog (that's silly - they're ALL bee-yoo-tiful quilts on her blog) a while back. I'd commented how much I liked the particular pattern, so she sent it to me when she was finished with it!! She also snuck in a label, some vintage buttons and some chocolate (not surprisingly, that didn't make it to the photo shoot).

(Oh, and an aside? Carrie, the little box that you put the buttons in thrilled me just as much as the buttons... I looooove itty bitty containers!)




SeviAnd last but certainly not least - I won a giveaway! While all the fuss of my giveaways was going on, I snuck over to Sevi Designs and entered to win some patterns from Izzy & Ivy Designs - and my entry was chosen! I received my choice of two patterns from the super cuteness that is Izzy & Ivy.
permalink 9 Comments:
At 4/05/2010 8:02 PM, Blogger Barb Babbled Back:  

You lucky gal!! Love yout quilt top!

At 4/05/2010 8:19 PM, Blogger Dena Babbled Back:  

Congratulations on your win! Your quilt top is beautiful. The fabric is gorgeous.

At 4/05/2010 11:22 PM, Blogger Deb Babbled Back:  

wow!! you did a super job on that BOM I love it so much better than the original!! you have a great eye for fabric choices!!

At 4/06/2010 4:48 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

I stood up before I clicked on your blog to see it the post would make me sit down....it DID!! Congrats on getting the top finished, it's just BEAUTIFUL and I love your plan for extending the design via quilting. Also, great package from Carrie (she's a sweetie).

Crispy

At 4/06/2010 12:01 PM, Blogger Carrie P. Babbled Back:  

Your quilt top is just lovely. I really like those fabrics. Looks like a painting.
I am glad you like the little container. It is a box from Clover which holds applique pins.
Congrats on your win.

At 4/06/2010 8:18 PM, Blogger golo8 Babbled Back:  

Love your quilt... can hardly wait to see it quilted... Lucky you to win some patterns...

At 4/10/2010 10:39 PM, Blogger Barb Babbled Back:  

Your quilt is wonderful...love it!!

At 4/16/2010 3:04 AM, Blogger Candace Babbled Back:  

Your quilt top is really beautiful. I have never done any intricate applique, just some eggs for an Easter quilt, and yours is wonderful. Nice giveaway goodies, too.

At 4/18/2010 1:15 PM, Blogger Quilter Kathy Babbled Back:  

Love your new quilt! I would actually tackle something like that if I didn't have to stitch all the edges.

Want to Post a Comment?

Home