Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Six Down, Six to Go

January 25, 2010

Abandoned book "A Cat Named Brat" by Lydia Adamson ♦◊◊◊◊


Wow, that's not a really inspiring title. For some reason it gives me that "glass half empty" feeling.

Maybe because this block pretty much kicked my butt.

The color's not very accurate on my monitor (are they still called monitors?), but considering I snapped the picture at nearly midnight, this is as good as it's gonna get for awhile.

So, I'm not thrilled with the leaves - and yes, I did make them in 2 colors after all. It will all work out when everything's put together, I'm sure, but for now this isn't my favorite block.

That's actually pretty weird because I remember when it was first published I had grand ideas about enlarging the block and making a stunning wallhanging from it alone. Apparently that's SO last year.



In other news, my Blogaversary counter over there is wrong, and I can't figure out why. I also haven't done a lot to try to figure out why. I'm pretty sure that my anniversary is coming up fairly soon. There probably should be a giveaway, huh?

Labels: ,

permalink 9 Comments:
At 1/25/2010 3:38 AM, Blogger Deb Babbled Back:  

FB your block looks wonderful.. stop self critiquing cause it ain't so!! I love it great stems and wonderful fabrics you chose for the leaves and the roses.. can't wait to see the rest..p.s. I didn't do this BOM cause I found it complicated for me

At 1/25/2010 5:43 AM, Blogger Carrie P. Babbled Back:  

Well, you have been very busy since I visited your blog last. Love all your applique. The red delicious block will look fabulous with the ones you have made so far.
I have been thinking about changing my Oct. basket block. I have decided I really don't want to do the witch so I will looking for something else to represent Oct.

At 1/25/2010 7:04 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

I think the block is beautiful. It will go very nicely with the others.

Crispy

At 1/25/2010 8:01 AM, Blogger Susan Babbled Back:  

The Blogoversary site was down for a week or so and since it came back it seems everyones Blogoversary is on the same day - I hope they're going to fix it.
If you check your source code you can find out the correct date - yours is 22nd Feb.

At 1/25/2010 10:34 AM, Blogger Brenda Babbled Back:  

You're too hard on yourself! The leaves look fine. Now I so understand the "block kicked my butt" thing, that it made me smile. I sure can relate to that, hahaha. Hang in there, your halfway there! Woo-hoo!

At 1/27/2010 10:33 PM, Blogger Linda Babbled Back:  

Ok, Ms. Glass Half Empty...stop it right now. This block is BEAUTIFUL...the leaves are great and you don't need to tell anyone there was any problem with them. They are lovely an I absolutely love this block...I'm sorry it kicked your butt but you did a wonderful job on it. 6 down and 6 to go...suck it up girl. Hurry up, I want to see the rest. Hugs, Linda

At 1/28/2010 12:25 PM, Blogger Deb Babbled Back:  

Hi. I'm Deb. I'm new to blogging and posting. I just wanted to say that I love this block. It's what made me want to check out your blog.

At 1/31/2010 12:58 PM, Blogger Quilter Kathy Babbled Back:  

Great block...really trickey looking!
I also love your basket blocks :)

At 2/05/2010 7:47 PM, Blogger Edna Babbled Back:  

Ooohhh Aaaaahhh Very pretty!! What patience and stick-to-it-iveness you have... Way to go girl!

Want to Post a Comment?

Home