Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Swap Swag

November 04, 2009

Abandoned book "Life Support" by Tess Gerritsen ♦♦◊◊◊


Pincushion TopOkay, so aren't these just the coolest colors?? (No pun intended)(And if that made you smile, thanks for 'getting it')

I'm an active member of two forums online. In one of them, I'm participating in a Pincushion Swap and this is the pincushion I received as a result.

Pincushion SizeMade by 'hummerlou', this beauty is BIG and soooo handy. From the mondo-pincushion to the attached roomy trash (?) bag, this baby's got it goin' on.

Pincushion Bag


(I wonder who I'm channelling? This baby's got it goin' on??? Must be some sort of pumpkin pie deficiency.)(It's November. Be prepared. There will be pumpkin pie references.)

Brilliant IdeaAnd check this out:

I think that adding this little piece of dollar-store non-slidey stuff is pure genius! It's right there in my junk drawer - why didn't I think of that??

I've already thanked the very, VERY generous quilter who's sent this to me. As for the pincushion I'm making (for a different forum friend), the deadline to mail isn't until 20 November. Sheesh. PLENTY of time. *At least I know my forum friend doesn't read my blog, so when it's done (probably at 4:45 p.m. on 20 November) I'll be able to post a picture here!

Labels:

permalink 4 Comments:
At 11/05/2009 6:19 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

What a wonderful pin cushion and thread catcher!! You lucky gal you.

Crispy

At 11/06/2009 11:16 AM, Blogger Carrie P. Babbled Back:  

Yes, very cool. Both are very pretty and that is a cool idea to use the rubbery stuff on the bottom.

At 11/08/2009 8:16 PM, Anonymous Gimpy Cat Babbled Back:  

Your pincushion is really neat, very nifty. Louanne did a fantastic job on it and the colours are so rich and vibrant. Non slip is such a smart idea, never seen that before. Dont worry about hte pin cushion swap, I did get mine made but still have to post it and its not hte deadline yet!!!!

At 11/14/2009 5:11 PM, Blogger Roxie Michel Babbled Back:  

Great Idea! I put a piece of this under my sewing machine foot pedal to keep it from slipping around..

-Roxie

Want to Post a Comment?

Home