Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Mini Things to Share

November 06, 2009

"Where's my tea?" he said.  "Twice Shy" by Dick Francis ♦♦♦♦◊


Long, long ago (in a galaxy...) I showed you pictures of a mini quilt I made for a swap on the Quilter's Last Resort forum. What I didn't show you was the quilt that I got from that swap.

Monikas MiniThis little jewel was made by Monika in Ontario. It's about 15" wide. I love how precise the piecing is - look at those sharp little points!!

It's in a wonderful, soft purple (I think it's a bit stronger than lilac) and a soft apple green. Have I mentioned how much I love the combination of green & purple?

Mini DetailAnd check out the incredible quilting! A little meander here, some ditchy-poo there... it's just perfect!

(I think the color's more accurate in this second picture).


I don't know if Monika visits my blog, but if you happen to know her (Deb), be sure to tell her that this little quilt makes me very happy and I want to share my joy with the rest of the world!!

Labels:

permalink 3 Comments:
At 11/07/2009 6:43 AM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

Oooo great little quilt, she did a lovely job on it :0)

Crispy

At 11/07/2009 9:17 PM, Blogger Deb Babbled Back:  

Well I will just have to forward your blog to her and let her know she was in the "limelight" of your blog.
So glad you are happy with it..Monika is an excellent quilter in teacher in Toronto!!

At 11/09/2009 4:55 AM, Blogger Carrie P. Babbled Back:  

I love the combination of purple and green too. That quilt is awesome. I know it must have been paper pieced and I admire those that take the time to do that.

Want to Post a Comment?

Home