Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Delicious Events

November 15, 2009

Abandoned book "Death by Darjeeling" by Laura Childs ♦♦◊◊◊


Red Delicious 5In the midst of doing swap-sewing and shop sample sewing, I managed to carve out a day to work on my sadly neglected BOM list.

I think this is block #5 from Esther Aliu's Red Delicious BOM. Uh, all the blocks have been posted. The finishing instructions have been posted. (If you want to play and don't have any or all of the blocks, you can get them through Esther's Etsy Store) I'm just approaching the halfway mark... I told you my BOM list has been sadly neglected! (According to my photobucket album, the last BOM I finished was in July. Oy.)



LeKa ButtonI ran across a new-to-me blog this week, and wouldn'tcha know it, there's a giveaway! LeKaQuilt is a Norwegian quilter (Google translate does quite well, by the way) who had some pretty yummy looking show and tell on her blog.

The current yummy-ness is a giveaway of the latest Piece O'Cake book and the sweetest little purse. You really oughta click on this here button and go check it out!



So, what else is tasty these days? Oh! I'm going to make some bread today - I'll gladly use my favorite recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day... but I'm also going to try out Deb's suggested recipe for Light Brioche Burger Buns. No, I'm not making burgers tonight; if the buns are as good as I think they'll be, there's no use mucking them up with meat and condiments!

All this bread baking is ostensibly in honor of or preparation for Homemade Bread Day, which occurs on Tuesday. Of course, since I get to make up "Manager's Specials" at the shop, I've decided that all fabrics that are bread-colored (brown or tannish) are 20% off. *I kinda like being able to make up random "Manager's Specials". This month, especially, promises to have some pretty inventive ones! I know that one day this month is National Parfait Day. Isn't that a perfect time to put STRIPED fabrics on sale??


Huh. Speaking of BOM's (I was, you know, 'way back when), today's the 15th, when a number of talented and generous designers post the most recent blocks in their series. Before I start making bread, I should oughta download the latest. And officially be even farther behind than I was a few minutes ago...

Labels: ,

permalink 3 Comments:
At 11/15/2009 2:44 PM, Blogger Crispy Babbled Back:  

Oh WOW Tracy, that is a BEAUTIFUL block....very unusual.

Crispy

At 11/15/2009 11:16 PM, Blogger Deb Babbled Back:  

FB your block is gorgeous!! you do such wonderful work!!

At 11/16/2009 12:54 PM, Blogger Carrie P. Babbled Back:  

Your red block is fabulous. I was dong mine in redwork and I know mine is more neglected than yours. lol

Want to Post a Comment?

Home