Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





A Ketchup Weekend

June 20, 2009

Abandoned book "The Little Book" by Selden Edwards ♦◊◊◊◊


I still want to post picture(s) of the quilted headboard that has been finally been mounted in the storage/guest room, but I haven't gotten the bed cleaned off well enough to get a decent picture!

Though I'm announcing a bit late, I think it's necessary for me to participate in this event:

(Click on the ketchup bottle to be taken to Pat's explanation and instructions)


Officially the weekend started yesterday, and though I didn't do anything in my sewing room, my heating pad and I bonded while I was knitting on a sock, listening to the end of a novel and then watching "Last Chance Harvey".

But here's what I would like to achieve this weekend:

Ketchup BOMs*Finish two Red Delicious blocks (I am soooo far behind on this one)...

...and one of the two A Tisket, A Tasket blocks that are unfinished (I think this one is May).

*Yes, I made it blurry on purpose. These aren't my patterns to distribute, so I'm going with the 'better safe than sorry' action. And in that upper left right corner? That's "something completely different" that I still haven't shown you, though I keep hinting about it.

It's entirely possible that I need a BLOGGING Ketchup Weekend sometime soon, too!

Spring Bloom MiniBut before I start any of the BOMs on the wall I need to finish machine quilting and bind the mini I'm making for the Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap, organized over at QuiltingGallery.com.


Oh! And did I mention? My trusty sewing machine is at the doctor's. (There's a story there, but I'll save it for later.) It's just in for a 10,000-mile-tuneup, but it's not here. I sure that many of you can understand the mild state of unease that I get when I walk into my sewing closet and see an empty cabinet...

But Mr. W. picked up an inexpensive and perfectly serviceable Brother machine for me to travel with, so that's what I'll be exploring and learning today. Think good thoughts for me as I attempt to machine quilt with an unfamiliar machine!

Labels:

permalink 2 Comments:
At 6/20/2009 8:40 PM, Blogger Wanda - Scraphappy Blended Quilter Babbled Back:  

Hi ya Spring Mini-Quilt Swap Partner,
Don't get your hopes up too high :) I am mostly just slow not fabulous...and the quilt is small (but within the size required). I WILL be finished on Monday and slip it into the mail to keep my commitment:)
Wanda

At 6/26/2009 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Babbled Back:  

I just received this wonderful quilt in the mail and I love it. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. What a great way to start the first day of summer vacation, now I just have to figure out where I want to put it where it will be seen by all.Thanks again.
Janey

Want to Post a Comment?

Home