Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Just a Drive-By

June 13, 2008

Made ya smile. Last line of "Dead Watch" by John Sanford.*

Just a quick post here. I have bunches to say and to share but I'm not ready to do so yet.

But I was over visiting Bobbie's blog (Linda, click and pay her a visit), and I am reminded of what nice cyber-people I know.

Sorry, that sounded kinda Dr. Who. ish.

Anyway, today one of the links I found in my Whip Up blogfeed was called "A Rough Guide to Having Nice Blog Manners" - you can find it over here.

I subscribe to 41 blog feeds through Bloglines. I am a semi-active participant in 4 or 5 Yahoo! groups, and an occasional participant in another 5 to 8 groups. I am a chatty pita member of Quilter's Sanctuary. Pretty much anywhere I interact, I stick my blog address in my signature line, so there are a lot of people who will possibly come and visit my blog, at least once (and thank you!).

The thing is, in addition to the blogs that I subscribe to, there are a lot of blogs that I go visiting by clicking on someone else's signature line. I rarely leave a comment. Now, I know that it's not a requirement, and the adage, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" should be tatooed on many peoples' hineys (wow, where did that come from???).

But seriously.

After reading the "Rough Guide" I realize that even an occasional wave is appreciated by bloggers. Goodness knows I'm thrilled every single time I get a comment. So I'm going to try. I'm not going to start leaving 50 comments a day, but I'm gonna speak up when I see something purty. Or I will say congratulations when a blogger shares a milestone, large or small.
Oh, and speaking of milestones, my granddaughter graduated from kindergarten this week. Graduation picture here.

Anyway, that's my plan. Pretty chatty for a short, drive-by post, ain't it?

*Oh, yeah. I don't know how long this'll last, but I'm going to include the last line of the most recent book I've read. Nearly all of them do or will have my book reviews (usually pretty cynical, I've realized) over at Goodreads.com. I think that my reviews are all here, but I'm not sure. eta: Hmmm. That shows ALL the books I've read (within reason). I guess you'd have to click on "reviews" at the top of the page if you really want to know. Of course, by reading this far, you've probably exhausted any smidgen of interest you might have had in what I read and what I think about it. Nevermind.

Labels: ,

permalink 5 Comments:
At 6/13/2008 8:35 AM, Blogger TracyKM Babbled Back:  

I know what you mean. It gets a little lonely when you post pictures of something you think is great, and you don't get any response by even the people who usually read your blog. When I read other's blogs, I look to see how many comments they have already....if 327 people have already said "Awesome shawl" then I don't usually leave a comment, LOL.
I'm not sure if I commented on the quilted wall hanging for your church. That was incredible!!! I'm not a quilter, or religious, but I'm really impressed!

At 6/13/2008 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Babbled Back:  

thanks for sending me to see the dream star comments.

l

At 6/15/2008 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Babbled Back:  

MmmmK. I had no idea we were supposed to comment when we read blogs.Sorry(I've peeked at ya a couple..or a dozen times) Call me dense..but I had to search for where to click to post! Doh!
I just LOVE your new apron..and was happy to get to see the one you made! For a Gal who isn't in to embellishing..you done good! I just love the little crochet flowers. It's been such a long time since I've worked with such fine thread..I'm sure I'd feel like a fumble fingers!You really did a nice job.
Sooo..when are we gonna see the new DNPs?

At 6/16/2008 6:51 PM, Blogger Shelina Babbled Back:  

I've gotten lazy at commenting lately, but I used to try to leave at least one comment to let people know I was here. Hey if you let me enter your blog pages, then the least I can do is say hi. So Hi, I came here following a link from Exuberant Color.

At 6/20/2008 2:02 PM, Blogger Lucykate Crafts... Babbled Back:  

i find if you are a bit shy about commenting, a glass of pimms beforehand helps loosen things up!

although, embarrassingly so, after one glass this evening, i may have used the term 'yumcious scrumcious' on someone's blog!!

hides head in shame! : )

Want to Post a Comment?

Home