Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





I've Been Back

May 20, 2008

Yes, I've been gone awhile and then just not all that into blogging. I have a bunch of pictures that I thought would make good blog fodder, but now that a few weeks have passed, meh. I guess you had to be there. Or something.

My mom's surgery was successful and she is recovering at an astonishing rate. She and I spent 5 weeks together, pretty much 24/7. We didn't kill one another, and except for an occasional unfortunate "Put Mouth In Gear Before Engaging Brain" moment (mine, not Mom's), I think everything went okay.

I admit that after she went home I collapsed from exhaustion. Being a Bossy Bessie for that long apparently takes its toll.

I'm back now (kinda). I'm working on a little quilting challenge project that's due by June 1. It's one of those anonymous-being-voted-on things, so I can't show a picture yet.

I'm also working on an apron for my Sassy Apron Swap partner. The apron is beyond cute, in my opinion. I am having a bit of a problem, though, as this swap requires that the apron have some embellishment on it. It's already got over 7 yards of coordinating bias binding on it and more than one kick-butt print. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out where to put an embellishment and what I could put on that would actually show up! Oh, and since it's an apron, it actually has to be washable, doncha know.

I'm sure that I'll come up with something, even if it's just buttons - I went and bought some polymer clay today in colors that would work with the apron. I'm thinking of making my own buttons... Will they be safe in the washing machine?

There's a bag/purse that is in parts right now - the outer shell, the lining and the handles are all complete. They just haven't been all joined together. Hmmm. Now that I actually type that out I'm wondering why I don't just take a few minutes and finish it? Sure seems like the hard part is done, doesn't it?

Oh! My Cable Vee sweater is coming along quite nicely. Sleeves are done, back is done, front is done up to the armhole shaping. Of course, the weight I've gained since starting this project might be problematic. Fortunately, it's a long-sleeved sweater, so I might not be wearing it until the fall. By which time I won't be quite so fluffy. I hope.

It's hard to believe that last month (April 18) I was taking pictures of this:
snow in spring


While last week (May 16) we experienced record-breaking temps of 99 degrees. (Today it's raining.)

Labels: , ,

permalink 0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

Home