Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





There Goes My Reputation

December 02, 2007

So, this is what I made to wear on Thanksgiving Day.
Apron front And I did, with a matching pink bow in my hair.

It's even got a big fluffy bow in the back.Apron side view

Apron reverse AND it's reversible!

I think I might add pockets, but I'm not sure yet. If and when I make another one, I'll tie the bow nice and cute and then just make a hook and loop connector at one side - that way I don't have to do the cute bow tying thing each time I put it on.

This afternoon when I put the apron on I was planning to cook something, but then I realized that my canisters were looking kinda grungy. When I moved them to clean them, it looked like I could write my name in the dust on the counter behind them. The whole counter got cleared off and wiped down, and, oh, while I was at it, de-cluttered... Mr. W. came out of the den and exclaimed, "You're cleaning! It's a MAGIC apron!"

Labels:

permalink 3 Comments:
At 12/03/2007 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Babbled Back:  

its cute, your design? something we can work on?

i really think i missed something not seeing the bow in the hair.

l

At 1/22/2008 5:44 AM, Blogger Lucy Babbled Back:  

Ok, I have seen that apron before and love it. Did you get a pattern or is there a tutorial somewhere.

At 1/22/2008 11:12 AM, Blogger Fiber Babble Babbled Back:  

Hi, Lucy - Thanks for your comment. I just 'winged it' ('wung it'?) for my magic apron, but since there's nothing new under the sun (!), you can find almost the same apron in a pattern by Vanilla House - the Four Corners Apron.

This apron is incredibly comfy.

My next apron "design" will incorporate a place to hang a dishtowel - it's always flung over my shoulder. Heaven forbid it falls into the bread flour! (yeah, it's come close)

Want to Post a Comment?

Home