Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





The Next Sock Experiment

June 13, 2007

TU Sock1
Pattern: Toe-up on 2 circs from "Cable-top" on p. 25 of Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles
Yarn: TLC Essentials Worsted, color Choco-Cherry
Needles: Two US size 4 circulars



TU Sock 2 Meh. She (Cat) is right, socks happen more quickly on 2 circulars (vs. dpn's). The method for casting on and knitting the toe was quite interesting. I actually didn't mess it up!

I do like being able to try it on as I go without pulling the stitches off onto a lifeline then re-loading dpn's.

I still had issues with figuring out how long to make the foot, this time before starting the short-rowed heel (which I like, btw). I think it took me three tries before I got the heel where I wanted it. Do I want the sock to fit snugly in both length and width, or just width?

As you can see, I didn't get to the cable-top part of the cable-top socks. I got bored. That's actually the "problem" with this particular method. It's boring. I guess that, even though I'm a lazy knitter, making sure that I don't get ladders between the dpn's is enough of a challenge that using that method doesn't bore me.

Go figure.

This sock will be an only child. As I said before, I'm just in this to find my sock groove, so I'm not going to lose sleep over the whole Second Sock Syndrome thing.

Next up, I think I'll try two socks at once on two circular needles. I know I saw the instructions somewhere out there on this here WWW. I'm thinking that those won't be boring.

Oh, and maybe I'll try nona's Sidewinders. Grumperina has already posted her finished Sidewinders and spoke (wrote?) highly of them. Hmmm. Or maybe not.

Whatever the outcome, let me again assure you that I don't plan to forever use inexpensive worsted weight yarn for sock knitting. This is just Phase One.

And just for the record: Taking self-sock pictures is not as easy as you all make it look!

Labels:

permalink 0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

Home