Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





New Projects - Am I Crazy?

June 19, 2007

Well, thanks to Annie, I found the Mystery Stole #3 KAL, by Melanie over at Pink Lemon Twist (every time I see the web address, I process it at Pinkle-mon twist. Kinda like Pokemon Twist...). Melanie has done two previous mystery stoles that are now for sale as complete patterns, as well as some other gems. OMG. Bee-yoo-tee-ful. For some strange reason - the sun and the moon and the stars must have been aligned just so - I thought that this would be a good idea. Sure! I'm just SWIMMING in free time.

Nah. I don't have any projects already on the needles. [snort] I NEED to buy more yarn. [snort] I NEED to buy more beads. [snort] Maybe a new set of Addi's, while I'm at it. [double snort]

There will be a new button on the sidebar pretty soon. I'm thinking of joining the blogring for the group (over 2,000 world-wide participants last I checked!). More stuff for the sidebar. Yeah. In all of my free time.

Actually, the only thing that's causing me some concern is that my right hand has been complaining recently. I guess I'll have to pace myself. Or get another bottle of Alleve...

On the shopping front, I've been waiting for weeks for a new yarn to be available from elann.com. Last night I was finally able to order it, though with just a hint of sadness. The colors are all pretty wimpy and I'm not a pastel kinda gal. I finally settled on Alaskan Blue - a kind of mid blue - thinking that if it totally washes me out, I can always overdye it.

The pattern I've chosen is from knitty - the Zigzag pullover, by VĂ©ronik Avery. I'm thinking that I might modify the pattern a bit (surprise!) by replacing some of the side stitches with stockinette so that I can do some decreases and increases to nip it in a bit at the waist.

Oh, and I'll probably make it into a V-neck rather than a crew.

As for the boobular short row shaping, it's necessary but with the lace pattern I'm not sure how that's going to work out. We'll see.

I might also flare the ends of the sleeves a bit and try some of the beading shown in another knitty pattern, Cambio (by Libby Baker), since I'm hoping I'll be able to wear this for at least one bell performance. Wouldn't that be cool? Flinging and ringing, with just enough flounce and bling in the sleeve to occasionly peek out?

But, hey - other than those things, I'll be knitting the Zigzag pullover!

And, yes, there is QUILTING babble to post, too! Stay tuned!

Labels:

permalink 2 Comments:
At 6/19/2007 3:06 PM, Blogger Annie Babbled Back:  

Ooo -- glad I know someone else who's doing the MS3. What yarn are you doing it in? I can't decide.

At 6/19/2007 5:15 PM, Blogger Fiber Babble Babbled Back:  

Well, what shocked me most was that I actually HAVE laceweight in my stash! Whoda thunkit?

I have some yummy vanilla shiny cotton, some superfine alpaca in cranberry, and some rtd llama. I've swatched with the cotton and am halfway through the alpaca swatch - the llama seems a bit thick (and anyway I have great intentions of dyeing it some day).

Either of the two major contenders will work fine BUT that didn't stop me from ordering some Peruvian Baby Lace Merino in Parchment from elann.com when I went shopping last night!

Want to Post a Comment?

Home