Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Drive-By Posting

March 15, 2007

Well, I have limited time to post, let's see if I can do a quick one...

First off, I've been in a funk for the last few days. Don't know if it has to do with being "on" while helping out at my mom's, don't know if it has to do with the unsettled weather (70 one day, low 30's another, rain, sun, schmuck-ness). For whatever reason, though, I've not been interested in doing ANYthing that's remotely productive if I don't absolutely have to.

Charity/40 Days update: I have 4 or 5 Head Start hats done. Got the pattern for the Autism Vests (dunno what else to call them) figured out and perfected, then was told that "They" had all they needed for now. I'm thinking I'll have to find another group that is using these weighted vests with the children (feel free to leave suggestions in the comments!).

Currently I'm knitting a child-sized raglan top down from TLC Wiggles in Grape (stash yarn! charity knitting! double whammy!).

Semi-resolutions update: I've bought two skeins of sock yarn.
Everday Wrap in progressNine skeins of LB WoolEase. Five of the WoolEase have been turned into The Everyday Wrap, a made-up-by-me pattern for the ISM, and given to my mom to keep her shoulders warm during recovery. (She didn't wear it during her recovery. She liked it a lot. It's not my business what she does with it, since it now belongs to HER.) The other 4 skeins of WoolEase are halfway used up in another Everyday Wrap, being done again to test my pattern before sharing it.
I haven't gotten very far using my recycled denim. Finished two quilting UFO's, working on another (a BIG one). Somewhere in there I designed a new pattern for a class and made a sample. Probably did something else, too, but it's not coming to mind right now. Pictures of everything will eventually appear here.

I'm teaching the [Seasons Change] Reversible Tablerunner

Rev TR Coffee

tomorrow evening at the Woodland shop. THESE are the fabrics I've chosen:

Rev TR Fabs1 Rev TR Fabs2

The good news is that two of the fabrics (the busy florals) have been in my stash for well over 5 years. They were from one of my PIGS that was so old that I forgot why I'd bought them in the first place. The sock monkey fabrics were purchased last year for a reversible tablerunner, so I guess they're kindof a UFO. ish.

The Dream Stars variation is done and the machine quilting impresses my very own socks off (if I were wearing socks).

Oh, and I cleaned up the ol' blog a little bit. Lemme know if anything got broken during the remodel...

That's all. For now. There's a rant a-brewin' (surprise!), plus quilting and knitting FO pics to post. That'll happen another day, I'm sure.

Labels: , , , ,

permalink 2 Comments:
At 3/18/2007 4:37 PM, Blogger TracyKM Babbled Back:  

My son has Sensory Integration Dysfunction and I tried to make him a weighted vest when he was a pre-schooler (before I could sew, not that I'm much better now, LOL). Perhaps the autism people could put you in touch with pediatric occupational therapists. Or, if you know anyone that does equestrian therapy with kids, they might know of someone. I don't think there is an organization for SID, but there are groups on the web. I would have been very grateful for a vest when he was diagnosed.

At 3/19/2007 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Babbled Back:  

Instead of wearing the Everyday Wrap and stretching it out while languishing during her recovery mom saved it for a "show and tell" to her friends and to wear around so others could see and admire it. She really isn't an unfeeling, ungrateful person, but a very proud mom!

Want to Post a Comment?

Home