Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Way Too Early in the Morning

May 22, 2006

We were there when they imploded

I feel guilty when I don't post regularly. For some reason, I seem to have the impression that each and every post must be meaningful or pithy or show some great progress. Pfft. I guess I need a pillow (sorry, inside joke... maybe some day I'll explain).

Yesterday we witnessed "The End of an Era" (cue dramatic music). Actually what it was was the implosion of the Trojan Nuclear Power Plant cooling tower. Very cool. Lots of firsts in history about Trojan. Lots of media coverage (saw it on CNN, ya know).



Got up at 5:30 a.m. to prepare for the arrival of J & K so we could watch it from our front doorstep. 8 seconds of action, a big BOOM, and lots and lots of dust that fortunately didn't blow our way.

Finished up the morning with Sue-prize (yummy breakfast casserole), then said buh-bye to J & K and went back to bed.

I keep promising (myself at least) to post progress on knitting, quilting and landscaping. And there's that whole publishing quilt patterns thing. It's a big deal (to us)... dare I say again, "Stay Tuned" ?

Labels:

permalink 1 Comments:
At 5/23/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger cathych Babbled Back:  

now that certainly looks way kewl.

Want to Post a Comment?

Home