Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





My First Dishcloth

May 30, 2006



I joined a group to swap dishcloths, one a month (there's a button on the sidebar!). While my mom was here for a visit, I had the opportunity to finish my first one while chatting and catching up with her.

Here's what I came up with (in Sugar and Cream 100% cotton); It's CO 49 on US 8's, k 2 rows, {p 1 row, *k1, sl st wyib* to end, *k1, sl st wyif* to end, k 1 row}. Repeat {} pattern until about 9 1/2", k 2 rows, BO. Don't cut yarn, use crochet hook to chain 10 sts, then attach it as a loop, tie off securely and weave in end. Finished size before washing is 9 1/2" square.

I absolutely LOVE the stitch pattern. Trying to figure out where I can use it in a wearable, you know?



Stitch pattern:

Labels:

permalink 4 Comments:
At 5/31/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger Jeanette Babbled Back:  

I like that stitch pattern alot! You did awesome!

At 5/31/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Coarine Babbled Back:  

that is a really great stitch pattern ... and it looks so pretty with the yarn you chose!!

At 6/12/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger cathych Babbled Back:  

I want to make the same thing for the person I am exchanging with this month, but your pattern is confusing; *k1, sl st wyib* to end, *k1, sl st wyif* to end, k 1 row}. You have written "to the end" twice. What should I do here?

At 6/12/2006 6:17 PM, Blogger T Babbled Back:  

Sorry for the confusion! The 4-row stitch repeat is
row 1. p 1 row
row 2. k1, sl st wyib all the way across
row 3. k1 sl st wyif all the way across
row 4. k 1 row

Want to Post a Comment?

Home