Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Meredith Update and more

March 19, 2006

Poor Meredith. I've lost track of the times (okay, I think it was four) that I ripped and re-did the sleeve. I finally decided that it would "do", and went on to get some mileage on the body.

Well, yesterday I tried it on. I am just NOT pleased with the way the sleeve is hanging. I decreased and decreased so that I wasn't getting the drop sleeve look, but I am still not happy. I mean, look at the big ol' pleat there:




Here's the armhole (I put in a light line where the armhole of my t-shirt is):



Well, guess what. I ripped. AGAIN. This time I did even MORE math and modified the armhole so that it was an inch and a half higher and started curving sooner.

And I got bright (third time's a charm, yeah?). I put in a lifeline at the spot that I ripped to. Picking up fuzzy stitches ain't fun.

Currently I'm just past connecting the V-neck. Three rows are on below the pits. I think I'll finish out the skein doing the body while watching TV tonight, then try it on yet again. Wish me luck!

More knitting - I've now finished SIX Head Start Hats. I'm looking to do a baby blanket on the machine next, using Heidi's Round Lace pattern. It will be a veddy pitty blankie, but I have to admit there's an ulterior motive here... If I can swing it, I'll use the short-rowing skills I gain to make the Drops Circle Cardi I discovered when reading savannahchik's blog. Of course, that will be AFTER Easter, right?

Back to Woodland Quilting... as I hoped, I have gotten some phone calls from the class with questions. I would MUCH rather get calls than to hear on Tuesday: "I didn't get it, so I didn't do anything."

Fortunately, one of the calls was my brand new sewer, so I got to thank her profusely for helping out last week. And what a start she's making! One of her strips was cut 1/4" larger than the rest, so she had lots of problems matching up the seams. Now, if it were ME, I'd just toss the stripsets aside and decide I was making a wallhanging instead of a baby quilt. Did she? NOOoooooo. She ripped EVERY square out, trimmed it, then sewed it back in. Wow, that's a lot more work (and can we say, Perfectionism???) than I would have done. Ladies and gentlemen, A Quilter is Born!



Technorati wants you to know this is (mostly) about , so who am I to argue?

Labels:

permalink 2 Comments:
At 3/20/2006 6:32 AM, Blogger cathych Babbled Back:  

wow, your work looks nice, keep it up!

At 3/24/2006 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Babbled Back:  

=( I'm sorry you had to rip so much, but it will look great!

Want to Post a Comment?

Home